Sunday, July 29, 2012

Monday Ministries

It was a beautiful day here today, I'm going to hand it over to the girls to tell you what they did!:)

Mia- Today I went to Golden Age, which is the elderly home here in Lautoka. It was touching and a little heartbreaking to see how families have deserted their parents or grandparents and just drop them off at the home and never come back. We just entertained all the residents with songs and stories and nail painting. They really loved that because they don't usually get a lot of attention. After their lunch we prayed with all the ladies and just talked to them and asked them about their lives despite the ever-present language barrier. It was a really eye-opening experience and I really hope that the residents felt the love, hope, and joy that we wanted to bring them. HI MOM!!! love you :) :)

Alix - Today I went to Golden Age, the elderly home, which was right next to the prison. The elderly home was interesting, and as Mia said a little heartbreaking because the elderly that are staying at Golden Age have been left there by their families.  Their children usually do not visit often.  During the day we painted finger and toe nails, sang songs, served lunch, and spoke with the ladies. It was interesting how having us their put a smile on the ladies and men faces.  They usually do not get much attention, and we got to give them the attention that they usually do not get. It was a memorable experience.  HEY CARSON, MOM, and DAD! LOVE YOU ALL<3 SEE YOU SOON(:!

Lauren - I did the same as Mia and Alix. It was definitely heart breaking but an amazing experience and made me realize how blessed I am to have my health and such an amazing family. I love and miss you all so much!!!!

Dom - Being here in Fiji has really opened my eyes to the things going on in the world and how absolutely blessed, like Lauren said, I am to have an amazing family and a good healthy life. I am excited to come home but I love being in Fiji<3 Love you all and see you soon! :)

More to come later! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment